Any idea why this salt cell died after just 1 1/2 yrs?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
227807_10150176679298259_726693258_6638249_1528569_n.jpg

224312_10150176679118259_726693258_6638247_4242754_n.jpg

got to pull the plates out and take photos of sensor next..

230082_10150176696443259_726693258_6638379_254305_n.jpg

btw just had taken this pool over and the cell died..its an AquaRite T15 cell.

I'm guessing the sensor is that plastic thing near the blue pvc cement drip? it senses temp? salt?

216470_10150176703348259_726693258_6638426_8325202_n.jpg

I believe that the sensor is the black circle with the red and blue wires coming out of it.

Those plates look awful. The only thing that comes to mind is that, a cell that was on a very high percentage of the time would not last very long.

JasonLion said:
I believe that the sensor is the black circle with the red and blue wires coming out of it.

Those plates look awful. The only thing that comes to mind is that, a cell that was on a very high percentage of the time would not last very long.

yes the blue and red wires go to that plastic thing with the blue drip over it. so I guess thats the sensor and the other 3 are to charge the plates.

the previous pool guy apparently used to dump 1 gallon of acid in the pool twice a week...and put tablets in the skimmer..

also cell was never cleaned or inspected until I took over. also pump was timed to shut off during the hottest time of the day. I now have the pump running from 8am - 8pm and now have been able to lower SWG % output..always best to run SWG at hottest time of the day otherwise FC will end up being lower and work the cell even harder to get FC up.

Re: CSI and Cell Scale

Thanks guys for the replies. Helpful info.

Jason those metal posts attached to the plates I dont think they are sensors right? The sensor is the little plastic post on the side of the cell and red and blue wires go to it. Am I right? what are those 3 posts attached to 3 of the plates? I guess they send electrical charge to the 3 plates? however there are more than 3 plates and some are positive and some negative. also the middle one seems to collect more scale than the other two.

Re: CSI and Cell Scale

you are correct, they are used to send charge to the plates.

all plates don't have to be connected, the charge still passes through them
did you mean to post this in the other thread?:)

Moved this post and the previous one to the cell diagnosis topic. JasonLion

Poolschoolgrad said:
Thanks for posting the pictures.

The T-cell-15's have a 3 year warranty.
Ship the pieces back to Goldline and let us know what they say. :p

lol good one. :mrgreen: actually this swg was installed by someone else and someone else maintained it. The 3 yr warranty is limited. This cell was abused with acid, never cleaned and the pool was never in balance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Strannik said:
i think it might be more of a camera/photo quality rather than actual upload.
pictures seem a bit fuzzy.

i'm curious to see what do other plates look like

been out all day..going back out in a sec but yes could be more a camera thing. I think I can adjust the camera to take more detail pics. I got the other plates but now they are detached from the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.