Closing for Winter

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
We closed our pool yesterday... I followed some of the advice, I did buy a new winter cover, air-pillow and all. I just couldn't accept not covering it, sorry! I didn't buy the worthless "winterizing kit" tho, that the pool stealers were selling, don't need it. Just poured in two large jugs of bleach and covered it. Forgot to add the poly-quat tho. Oh well. We'll see if I open green. At least now I know what to do now if it does turn green!

I am about to close my 7600 gallon pool - how much of that Polyquat should I use? I shocked and am balancing and then adding polyquat and then shocking again before Friday morning.

Can I just pour in the whole quart of this stuff??
thanks

Hi waterbug :wave: , hope you had a great season, sorry it's over :(

Your plan sounds perfect! :goodjob: Just try to keep the water on the cover to ~1' over the winter and the debris cleaned off of it and you should open to a pool ready to swim in :party:

Have a great winter and say hi to Richmond for me :-D

waterbug said:
Thanks WAste!

We're good to go then. We have a cute little pump :whoot: that we hook up after every rainfall.

Richmond says :handwave: to you too!

Summer was way too short this year :cry:

wow your closing already, this is my first winter with a pool so i dont want to trust the climate here, so im closing this year and may keep it open all year next year, i thought watch it go below freezing and we get 20"of snow, but it all goes to heck when we get 1" of snow here,

anyway WOW in not even thinking of closing until at least after thanks giving.

Yah, now that we are closing on Friday, it's gonna be in the mid-80's here this weekend! Water is kinda cold though. We might be in an area where leaving it open all year is possible - would need a leaf cover I guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.