Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: anyone know of a clear, underwater crack filler?

1. Back To Top    #1

anyone know of a clear, underwater crack filler?

We had a replaster done that involved some crack repairs, and one of the worst ones is already coming back. We used a dark pebble plaster, which should hide it a little better. Can anyone suggest a product that would hold up underwater and dry clear to seal a crack? 3M makes some really good stuff for below the waterline applications on boats, but everyone I've seen is white or black.
    28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.

2. Back To Top    #2
    How long ago did you replaster?? If not too long, you may want to check into a warranty claim with the company who performed the job. I have no suggestions for what to use but I am sure someone will be along shortly to provide input.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Unfortunately, there is no warranty on the cracks. Its a problem with movement of the pool, and we knew they would probably return. There just isn't a good way to get any kind of permanent repair if the cracks continually move.
    28K IG, stonescapes pebble, raised spa, hayward heater, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair 60ft DE filter, built around 1980, remodeled 2007.