pool open'd ..

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Hello everyone.Hope everyone is ready for a little sun&water..lol..Well the BBB method is working great on my pool..Closed last year with just raising to shock level&no other add's..Pull'd cover off Sunday&top'd off water..Check'd my water&all I can say is thank you BBB..Everything was where I left it when I closed it last year..Just shock'd it.A little dirt in bottom but water was clear..Just got done cleaning it out this morning..Just need to put step's in..Any one daring enough to come jump in&help come on..A little to cold for me.....Just thought I would say hello for the season&wish everyone a great Summer..Kenneth

We dropped our steps in last Sunday. The water is way too cold but with the weighted PVC tubes we made all we got wet were our arms to the elbows. Pretty refreshing nonetheless. Had the dogs fetch toys a couple of times which always does a nice job of stirring up the tree crud that drops in this time of year.

Come on, suck it up guys. It's above 50 jump in! Just bustin' chops! Opened ours last week as well. Clear and sparkling. Just cleaned out the worms, vacummed added bleach to get the level up and we're up and running. My boys did go in though on Easter Sunday afternoon. 52 degrees. They were in again yesterday, up to a balmy 59 degrees. I think I'll wait another 15 degrees!

I just got done working outside.It was really tempting.But I was scared I wouldn't be able to get out..lol..Got'a make little trip to Lowe's to pick up a bag of tie strap's"Big One's"..I was having problem's with the water current working part's of the step's loose&last year I decided to try the tie strap's on the inside of the step's..Tie'd them up&tug them up & never had a problem with them last year..So we going to do the samething before we put it back in..They are still on from last year.But,I decided to put some fresh one's on before putting it back on..Then maybe I just may get my toe's wet..lol

You people are crazy 52 59 degrees I'm in NC I don't og in to clean till 75 holds holding 70 now so soon course you said boys I assume kids they don't count .LOL have a great year just finished a deck addition can't wait, got a two year old g-boy to get water safe this year loved it when he was a few months hated it last year should be different this year GLTA

Hello Gpmidway....We are in Randleman...The youngest went for a swim Fri.evening..I have to keep the Solar Cover on..Boy O'Boy you want see me in it to the 70's hit in water..Really 80's....But, it's for the kid's..Has I have been inform'd...My reading have been pretty good have not done no add's except clorine.FC=3.5,TC=4,Alk.=70,ph =7.2,cya=20,,,going to wally world to get stabilizer for that.I run out being nice last year for other's..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kplaster said:
Hello everyone.Hope everyone is ready for a little sun&water..lol..Well the BBB method is working great on my pool..Closed last year with just raising to shock level&no other add's..Pull'd cover off Sunday&top'd off water..Check'd my water&all I can say is thank you BBB..Everything was where I left it when I closed it last year..Just shock'd it.A little dirt in bottom but water was clear..Just got done cleaning it out this morning..Just need to put step's in..Any one daring enough to come jump in&help come on..A little to cold for me.....Just thought I would say hello for the season&wish everyone a great Summer..Kenneth

Wishing you the same Kenneth! Just pulled my cover off today as well, after my first season of BBB, and doing nothing but raising the FC to shock. WALLA....beautiful crystal clear water.....which is currently being drained to replace sand bottom (digging all that out tomorrow) with vermiculite (being installed Friday and of course it's supposed to rain) and replacing my one year old liner (I'll be struggling with that hopefully Sunday if the Vermiculite is dry), skimmer, and return....sanding and adding some wall foam while I'm at it. Supposed to be getting it refilled Monday....I'm so done with this two year nightmare of a pool......and so glad TFP has at least made taking care of it an easy task! Cheers and happy summer! Marc

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.