Which Fiberglass Manufacturer is Better?

maggiem

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2008
Hi All! After learning so much about BBB here for our Intex bubble pool, I'm back to ask about fiberglass! We're going to do an install within the month (I hope) and getting our info all sorted.

1 installer will be out on Wed. and we're trying to line up at least 2 more for quotes and info. This installer seems good because I asked about backfilling and he said they would not use the dirty dirt from the excavation - they will use sand on a pea type gravel bed and will fill as the pool fills to ensure strength and positive setteling. From what I have been reading, this is one very major item to watch for and I was happy with this answer. My kids were happy when I mentioned we may have to dynamite if they run into tough granite ledging :lol: Of course they will be staying home from school that day if we blow the place up!

The one question I cannot find an answer to is this - which brand of fiberglass is best? We're looking at a San Juan or a CPC. I know warranties vary but I'm more interested to see if anyone knows about durability issues as well as who uses better/best composite materials. I hope this makes sense :)

Thanks!
Maggie

Maggie,

I can't answer about best but we chose a Trilogy pool that is being set today. Regarding sand backfill, take a look at this article: http://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/blog/b ... -is-Better. I spoke with the owner of Trilogy about this issue and he is a big proponent of gravel backfill. His recommendation was to skimp on landscaping for a year if you must and spend the extra $1400 on gravel backfill.

Good Luck,
David

David,
WE have put in the Trilogy Picassa with the adjoining 8' Neptune Spa. They are just starting the pavers today. We are very excited and couldn't be morte pleased with the install. I am curious since yours has been built a while...do you have any pics to share? I would just be curious how yours looks finished out. I have watched and photographed all along the way and gravel backfill is absolutely the way to go. It is solid as a rock.lol. My husband wanted to go larger, but it is just the two of us and I wanted a smaller pool. I personally think with the spac connected, it is the perfect size. We went dark....mystic lake...I love the color. I would love to see any pictures you would care to share...and when ours is done, I will be happy to do the same.

Take Care,
BJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.