Apr 25, 2011
Foster, Ky
I am getting a pool that my wife had put up at our new home and I'm needing some info on which liner is best. I have a 18X33X54" oval that was purchased at Watsons. I paid someone to take it down and now I'm paying somebody to put it back up and I know nothing about liners, or pools for that matter :)
The company doing the install wanted $529 for a liner and $900 for the install, I buy sand also.

Thanks for any help, newbie here.

It something you can do yourself if you're reasonably strong and patient. There's not a whole lot of difference between liner manufacturers; the only significant difference is the thickness in mils. From what I've heard, generally the thicker liners don't last longer than the thinner ones, but they're a little more resistant to things like dog toenails.

Welcome to TFP, by the way... :wave:

Melt In The Sun said:
It something you can do yourself if you're reasonably strong and patient. There's not a whole lot of difference between liner manufacturers; the only significant difference is the thickness in mils. From what I've heard, generally the thicker liners don't last longer than the thinner ones, but they're a little more resistant to things like dog toenails.

Welcome to TFP, by the way... :wave:

Thanks for the advice, we have had record rainfalls here and with me working a TON of OT I'm gonna contract this job. Pool guys all around are way behind and I have to wait until the get pools purchased from them put up before they get to mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.