Anyone with tricks or ideas for finding a lost item?

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
I have misplaced my extra set of car keys and as they are not from a 1970 Dodge, they will expensive to replace. :shock:

I have tried looking in the last place I thought they were....no luck.

I have even said the un-Catholic version of the prayer to St. Anthony....it goes like this:
*ahem*
Tony, Tony, look around
Somethings lost and must be found.

I have that one already going. :mrgreen:

It's not that I'm a non-believer, I just want something for back-up!

Did you search the couch? I once upended the old couch in the kids' gameroom and found two remote controls, a spoon, several socks, multiple candy wrappers, a gameboy, a couple of bucks in change, and an unlit firecracker!

The car (inside, outside and 4ft perimeter + path to your entrance in case they were dropped, washing machine, under the bed, bathroom/kitchen counter, back pack, briefcase counter. I usually rember the day after or after a nice cold one :cheers:

Is it, by chance, a smart key? Meaning, one that doesn't require the metal teeth to go anywhere. If so, check the side of the car seat between console and seats. They like to migrate there. That also explains why you can't get the car to lock with the other key.

For regular keys, look in the trunk. You may have gotten something out and set them there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.