Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chemical Feeder ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chemical Feeder ?

I have a 15 x 30 AGP. I am away at work sometime for 3 to 4 days and would like to get a puck feeder for when I'am away. Is an off-line feeder better than a in-line feeder? Is one brand better than another? Which one would you recomend?
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

2. Back To Top    #2

Jet, welcome to TFP! If you keep your cya level ~30 you can use the floater while you're away for a few days.

(if this doesn't 'fit' your pool, please let us know)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Sometimes we have kids over to swim and I was thinking the one outside the pool would be safer.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

4. Back To Top    #4

Jet, either can be used to accomplish what you want. I am speaking of the Hayward models that I have LOTS of familiarity with, the CL 200's are the in line, the off line are CL220. The off line are easier to 'uninstall' when you don't need them - all you have to do is unhook 1 of the hoses from the unit and connect it to the fitting on the other (influent/ effluent) fitting and the chlorinator is no longer attached to the pool's plumbing. You can do the same thing with a CL200, in line, unit, but you'd need to get an extra SP- 1500-UNPAK set and the matching male union ends, so that you coul'd take the in line unit out when it wasn't needed. The CL 220 units have a bunch of small (and ~ inexpensive) parts that need replacing every year or 2, unless you take care of them.

With either scenario, I would remove any tri-chlor pucks and rinse it out whenever it was removed -- the pucks can be stored for the next time you need to reattach it.

If you need more info, simply ask!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the imformation.