Solar Powered Pumps and SWG

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
Hi All:

I am curious if anyone has their pool set up to run fully from Solar. Heating, Power and SWG?

I am interested in looking at converting over to that next year. I know I have seen a picture from somewhere that they are doing this, but for the life of me, I cant find it again.

Thanks,
Rik

There was a long thread about this with someone who had such a large solar system and used a heat pump to heat their pool in addition to having electricity to run their pump, their house, etc. However, I believe that thread ended up in the Agree To Disagree section and now that section appears to be missing. That section had other topics including a discussion on EcoSmarte, saltwater pools, etc. I hope that section gets recovered and was only accidentally deleted.

Richard

The Agree To Disagree section is gone for good, though a few of the individual posts might come back if you ask SeanB nicely.

However, the post showing off the large photvoltaic system was never in the Agree to Disagree section and is still available here. Note that this system was connected to the utility grid and did not include a storage system. So it runs with regular utility electricity when it is cloudy/at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.