New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me build!

Apr 21, 2011
Oklahoma
First question....

I'm building a play pool 3 to 6 then back to 3. The pool will end up 33' long waters edge. My question is will a 3' drop (angle) over 14' length be too severe of a slope?

You might ask, 14 plus 14 is only 28. What happens to the other 5 feet? I'm being a little conservative here but in reality the bottom of the pool will only be around 31' in length as you lose length and the slope won't start immediatly. I figure if I'm safe at 14' then I'm good.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 144
Re: New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me buil

Well in 4.5 feet, you're dropping 1 foot, and dont forget to calculate that there will be at least a foot or so lost in the middle. I think it might be too steep for a play pool. Do you really need 6' depth in the middle? You might be better off with 5' in the middle, which would level out your slopes a bit. Plus 6' is probably too deep for most folks anyway :)

By the way, it looks like you've already dug, have you hired a pool co. or doing the work yourself? What area in Oklahoma are you?

Re: New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me buil

Cool, good luck with it! I can't wait to see some pics of the results. Are you using a pool company, or subbing out contractors yourself? If you're familiar with the subs, I'd love to get some feedback, and contact info on them, if you wouldn't mind. Hopefully I can break ground on a pool at my new house sometime this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.