The Mermaid Queen

The Mermaid Queen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Northern KY
Time for a non-Texan to chime in! :mrgreen:

I am Grace. Well, not really, but after a recent screen-name change, I would hate to toss yet another moniker into the mix and confuse everyone further. As we all know, a good queen must take care of her people! 8)

I am a homeschooling mom in Northern KY. We relocated after Katrina (but not because of her) from SE Louisiana. DH and I have a 10 yo dd, and he has 2 grown kids who live in SELA, with a total of 5 grand kids. We have a nice big backyard. However, I don't have a pool, or any landscaping out back, or even much grass. I do have a nice deck and GAS grill. Now I will be proud of my gas grill instead of hanging my head in shame!! 8) However, I will try not to mention the green plastic chairs... :roll:

I have read everything on Pool Solutions and The Pool Forum and have good head knowledge of pool maintenance, even though I have no firsthand experience using BBB. I have also been told I am funny, so while I may not know all the pool info, I can most certainly help monitor the boards and add bits of humor now and again. Please forgive me in advance if I hijack your thread for some lame joke! :lol: Also forgive any 'wrong' advice I give. Someone else will correct me post haste. Not to toot my own horn, but I am usually pretty accurate in my responses. I simply ignore the stuff I don't know anything about! (or just make some sort of wise-acre comment! :) )

We had a pool each year for the first 8 years of dd's life, beginning at the 'turtle sandbox' size, working up through a couple of snap-sets rigged with sand filters, and finally a couple sizes of blue donuts. Unfortunately, I did not know about BBB, and the pools were usually a miry mess by July.

We were planning an AG this summer, but due to a snafu with the mortgage company and propery tax assessment, we will have to wait. In preparation for this, I read everything I could last year, and even made a nice excel spreadsheet for tracking my water chemistry. We may do a metal-frame intex after all this year, as I will put it in a different area that does not need professional levelling (our yard is about 1/2" of clay atop slabs of stone, but the proposed area for the temp. pool would be built UP, not excavated, and we could do that ourselves.)

Welcome, one and all! (still waiting for that emoticon with a crown... :) )

Here you are. :crown:
SeanB wuz here

OK, here is my family photo, from Easter, last year... notice the lovely green scales... try not to notice those fake legs... I just wear them to try to blend in with society :wink: :wink:

In my entire computer, this is the ONLY photo with all three of us, and only the three of us! Kinda sad, really :roll:
70.jpg

Good to see you and your family. Great looking family. I had the same problem finding a good shot. Sounds like you and my better half have are from LA. I love her cooking but got to reach for the anitacids. She made crawfish etufae (i have no clue how to spell it) for me shortly after we meet and found her cooking as spicy as she was. I am shure you and her will have a lot to chat about. As for your addition to the forum, you are priceless.
Steve

TexasGirl said:
Grace! You look more like your avatar than any other member (except maybe, me).

OK, Everyone! It's about time we took up a collection to get Grace a pool. I put one on lay-away for her: Grace's New Pool Send your donations to Sean. (My $5 is on the way) Do you take PayPal, Sean?

That's a very nice gesture and I'd be happy to organize something like that, but my understanding is it's more a matter of waiting to get the ground prepped for the pool she wants. I can understand her desire to get it right the first time.

Grace, if I've missunderstood, please let me know.

TexasGirl said:
Grace! You look more like your avatar than any other member (except maybe, me).

I planned it that way! Ok not really, but nifty how it worked out!!

OK, Everyone! It's about time we took up a collection to get Grace a pool. I put one on lay-away for her: Grace's New Pool Send your donations to Sean. (My $5 is on the way) Do you take PayPal, Sean?

Thanks TG, nice gesture, however, due to the hillside I call a backyard, that pool roll down to the back road in about 1.2 days!

SeanB said:
That's a very nice gesture and I'd be happy to organize something like that, but my understanding is it's more a matter of waiting to get the ground prepped for the pool she wants. I can understand her desire to get it right the first time.

Grace, if I've missunderstood, please let me know.

You are correct! We need a professional install (or at least dig and levelling) of even the smallest pool due to the slab of rock we call a backyard! Not in the budget yet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support