Blue diffusion liner in 30mil, anyone have pics with water?

Just gave the go ahead for my pool reno guy to replace the liner in our 22 year old pool and we chose this liner print with no border, we mainly chose a no border print because pools we seen online without a border seem to look bigger...optical illusion I guess. The other reason was to eliminate the possibility of the border level not matching our water level which would annoy me to no end.

blue-diffusion.jpg

http://www.plasticfilmcorporation.com/floor-patterns-photo-gallery.html

Anyone have this style liner? Sure would appreciate a pic if you do!

If you only knew how many hours I spent trying to decide on a liner pattern...whew! :hammer:

Re: Blue diffusion liner in 30mil, anyone have pics with wat

Liner replacement went very well, completed in two days after pumpout. Went swimming today for the first time, got her balanced and sparkling in two days thanks to TFP and the BBB method! :wink:

Some pics of the replacement so others can see what this color/pattern liner looks like with water and how bleached out our 20 year old liner looked when we replaced it.

How it looked in the fall when we were getting ready for winter.
[attachment=2:1cep9od7]IMG_4917.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]

How it looked this last week once UV Pools got the water out, hard to believe it lasted 20 years!
[attachment=1:1cep9od7]IMG_5730.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]

New liner going in after bottom resurfacing, capping main drain and replacing one return due to slight cracking around the internal threading, one less thing to worry about in Canadian winters by omitting the bottom drain (it wasn't leaking BTW). Took out the light and capped it also, just attracts bugs in the prairies...one less hole in the liner.
[attachment=0:1cep9od7]IMG_5736.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_5730.jpg
    IMG_5730.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_5736.jpg
    IMG_5736.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 280

Took two days to get the brown out with 2 litres of floc and 2 litres of sequester, water was very alkaline at PH 8.2 but 3 litres of MA took care of that.

[attachment=2:15u2351e]IMG_5748.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

[attachment=1:15u2351e]IMG_5751.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

[attachment=0:15u2351e]IMG_5743.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

Went swimming today, heres the numbers;

Temp = 28C
FC = 2.5
CC = 0.0
PH = 7.4
TA = 90
CH = 60
CYA = 30

Perfectly balanced heated and clear in two days!

Couldn't have done it without the help of UV Pools measuring the liner accurately and installing it professionally (hard working guys BTW), lots of fun working with you...well watching you work anyway LMAO! :mrgreen:

Highly recommended and experienced liner replacement techs in Winnipeg.
http://www.uvpools.com/

Attachments

• IMG_5748.jpg
    IMG_5748.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_5751.jpg
    IMG_5751.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5743.jpg
    IMG_5743.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 282

Looks great!!

I'm glad to see that your happy with your choice. You don't want to know how long it's been that I've been looking at paver/coping/tile combinations :hammer:

Bruce
Quebec

I only wish I had enough cash to replace the steps, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to coat them to eliminate the faded look. They are plastic PVC or ABS or some other sort of polymer combination that no one wants to guarantee their work on, I actually think a polyamide aircraft primer and then Imron paint top coat would work but its not something I want to experiment on.

The slide I can have redone but I want to try and polish the gelcoat on it first, if anyone has any recommendations on step re-coating and slide refurbishment I would be grateful. :cool:

The liner looks amazing! I am just starting my search for liner replacement as over the winter the liner decided to tear near the water line :(.
Was wondering if you felt comfortable sharing what the cost of your liner and installation was?

I really dont want to start this process but I will soon have angry kids if I dont lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Molson said:
Wow! Looks great.

Get this, my liner I removed is EXACTLY the same as yours was, installed in 1988. The liner going in on Monday is the EXACT same pattern, except with a tile border. Great choice! I have a thread going also, here: new-liner-install-t31632.html

Haha my original install date was 1989, glad we did it this year and didnt wait...the liner was very brittle on the surfacing side on the bottom. Wasn't leaking though, but the liner guys did mention I likely dodged a bullet because once it leaks the price increases exponentially.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.