recommendation for East Bay,CA contractor to replace skimmer

kabbak

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 2, 2010
"Lamorinda" California
I'm hoping to get some suggestions for someone who can replace the skimmer on my pool. Suction line to pump has a blockage I can't free or successfully snake and there are some leaks around tile into skimmer (currently A&B epoxied).

I'm in the Orinda/Lafayette/Moraga area of Northern California.

Pool was built in '74 and it looks like skimmer has been replaced once.

Obviously, I'm trying to find someone who will do it right the first time as my understanding is this is a pretty tricky repair to get right.

I'd really appreciate any leads on folks you've had good experiences with.
Thanks!!!

Re: recommendation for East Bay,CA contractor to replace ski

The problem is that you're asking for recommendations for a very specific area. Chances are only a few people from that area are on the forum and most of those haven't had an issue or aren't willing to recommend someone.

Bama Rambler said:
The problem is that you're asking for recommendations for a very specific area. Chances are only a few people from that area are on the forum and most of those haven't had an issue or aren't willing to recommend someone.
Well rats. I can understand that, but a guy can dream...
Though, I'm guessing there probably are nearly a million people in this "service area."
Clearly, I need to introduce more folks around here to this marvelous forum.
Thanks.

I would walk into Coral pool service and ask if they would refer someone.

I'd also go to A Very Nice Pool Company and ask.

Both of these companies have been open for a l-o-n-g time.

Both are in Lafayette.

It has been over 20 years since I've been into either but both were reputable then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.