first time closing my salt water pool

Just Smile knowing that you didn't have to lug as many jugs of chlorine! :lol:

Seriously though, there isn't anything different that you need to do.

However, if you want to, you can:
Remove your cell and place it indoor, and place a spacer piece of pipe in it's place.
Remove your power supply and place it indoor, just make sure you protect the wires and turn the breaker off.

But that's just from feedback that I've heard others tell me, as I live in South Florida. We don't winterize down here.

Hi Cji:

Sean is right, its the same for all closings, except that you would want to bring in anything that can get water on it, and have damage from freezing. In the spring, remember to check your salt levels before you turn on your SWG, you will have to add salt due to lowering the water this fall.
Winter time can be a great time in the cooler climates due to pool companies cleaning out remaining stock, I bought 10 jugs of chlorine for next to nothing the other day. I dont cover my pool at all, so I gradually keep adding chlorine till the pool freezes solid.

In the spring, I get everything all going, then I again use liquid bleach/chlorine to clean things up, then once water temps are above 50 I turn on the SWG for the season.

Rik

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.