My before and after pics!

lambo

Oct 1, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
All -

Can't thank everyone here enough for all the help and advice. And of course you know I'll be coming back here for more help.

But for now, I hope you all enjoy these before and after shots.

I'm not done yet, still some vacuuming and brushing to do, but needless to say the change from last Sunday to today is dramatic. Seven days, a lot of netting leaves, tons of bleach, running the DE filter 24/7 and backwashing it more times than I can count, but it was all worth it! The only water I had to add was to raise the level back up to the skimmer when I vacuumed on waste a couple times this week.

Before:

After:

The deep end is actually crystal clear, but the shadows from the huge trees make it look dark. If the water temp wasn't hovering right at 70 degrees I'd be in the pool right now!

Thanks again everyone!

Great job! I needed that inspiration as I will be tackling my own backyard this weekend! Normally, I would have started earlier, but my work schedule has prevented it until now. :x Thanks for the pics! I'm so excited, looking forward to a case of sparkly poolitis!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great job! I guess you didn't want to keep the beautiful reflection of the trees that one gets from an opaque pool?

Another fine example of swamp to swimmable with Pool School in seven days, Enjoy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.