Pump issues!

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
I went to clean my energy filter this morning and the pump had just kicked on for the day, but something is terribly awry. It seems to be surging for lack of a better word. I can hear it gear up and watch the psi on the filters rise only to go flat again (psi has been at about 10 on both), also there are air bubbles showing up in the energy filter container. I shut it off, cleaned the energy filter, emptied the pump basket (which was not that full), cleaned both cartridge filters, which weren't too bad since I just cleaned them 2 weeks ago. Turned everything back on and I am still getting the surge. I am sure there is air somewhere since I am seeing bubbles in the energy filter as well as at the jets in the pool. The pump motor was just replaced in November...help!! What do I do?
Thanks once again!
B

The weir is the little door that controls the flow of water into the skimmer. When the pump is running it should lay down enough for water to flow over it. If the water level is low it may not stay down and will temporarily cut off the flow of water into the skimmer.

Thanks!! Now i know! :) I checked over the whole skimmer area, cleaned out the baskets (not much in them), checked the plug things underneath (what are those called) and then kicked the pumps back on...not sure what was stuck (weir door was fine) and seems to have remedied the issue. I guess maybe it was just being fussy. Either way, I will remember next time to check the skimmers as well. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.