Orlando Florida pool build advise / questions

pfifla1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 19, 2011
We are starting the process to put in a pool.... have interviewed one contractor - price seemed high to me but what do i know....

i want approx 350-450 sqft pool, spa and screen for around 40K is this nuts? the size of the screned / deck area is approx 25'x46'

This is the design he came up with- doesn't wow me but is a good starting point. the other picture is a of a fibeglass pool made by VIKING, i have heard good things about them and i like the design. I want a beach area so my dogs can get in and out of the pool easy... First pic is what i want, the shape would have to change to fit in my space but i love the rock and the gradual entry.

any suggestions on good pool builders in the Orlando area?

Attachments

• Joe_001.jpg
    Joe_001.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 201
  • fiji-7b.jpg
    fiji-7b.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 200
  • infinity-edge-poolsbeach-entry-pools6.jpg
    infinity-edge-poolsbeach-entry-pools6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 200
A beach entry isn't expensive in and of it's self, but it does take up a fair bit of room and larger pools cost more.

The pool in the first picture is reasonably large, has some nice stone work, good landscaping, a spa, a fairly large deck, a couple of good size rocks, and natural stone coping, all of which will add to the price. The second two pictures are both simpler pools in several ways. $40k sounds like a fairly good price for the third picture.

The best way to find out how good a bid you got is to ask other companies in your area for their own bids and compare them to the original bid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.