Chlorinator off, no flow

Apr 23, 2011
Hello to everyone here. I'm new to this forum. First post, hopefully someone can help? My panel indication says salt chlorinator off, no flow. I checked to see if the flow switch was still there. The flow switch looked like it was in place. The filter d/p is only 20#. Does anyone have suggestions on what else to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Michael

Welcome to TFP!

The first thing is to check the obvious things, like the skimmer basket(s), pump strainer basket, and cleaning/backwashing the filter. If you have an AutoPilot SWG, also check the strainer in the manifold.

If none of those turn up anything, check that the flow sensor cable is properly connected at both ends and not cut or damaged.

ok, i believe something is going on with my filter. I cleaned the cartridges yesterday and the pressurewas 20# after cleaning. Came home from work today and the pressure is baack up to 30#. Any suggestions other than buying new cartridges? I ve only had the pool since sept '09.

Thanks,
Michael

mdoug18217 said:
ok, i believe something is going on with my filter. I cleaned the cartridges yesterday and the pressurewas 20# after cleaning. Came home from work today and the pressure is baack up to 30#. Any suggestions other than buying new cartridges? I ve only had the pool since sept '09.

Thanks,
Michael

do you get a lot of dirt going into your pool? have you shocked lately and if so did you use CalHypo? if the filter is dark in appearance..not white you will need to clean with a solution to remove the dirt ..not just water from the hose. or just buy a new filter.

had a filter build up pressure the other day. opened it up washed it down but still high pressure. owner had a spare filter so just swapped it out and everything is good now. don't know much about cleaning ground in dirt on cart filters as I deal with DE filters mostly but I'm guessing some solution needs to be added as water might not get all the dirt off like in the case of my client.

I think you are right in assuming high filter pressure is the cause of your no flow problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.