New Pool In Central Florida

CincyRed

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have lurked on this site for a year now reading everything and now I am finally ready to go.

We signed a contract 2 weeks ago and now the permit is with the county.

SwimmingPool1.jpg

SwimmingPool2.jpg

We can't Wait!

We just got word they will be digging tomorrow, (Tuesday) or Wednesday. :party:

Thought I would post before pictures.

We had some dead grass and it was between re-sodding or putting in a pool.
We went the $30,000 route instead of the $200 re-sod. (never have been good with money)

SwimmingPool_before1.jpg

SwimmingPool_before3.jpg

They came out and started the dig.
The skid loader dug out some sod and the guy came out to layout the pool.
Before he started I had visions of him just using orange paint to lay it out and me coming back later and
increasing the size of the pool with my own can of orange paint.

Before the layout.
swimmingpool_dig1.jpg

A little bit more complicated than orange paint.
swimmingpool_dig2.jpg

swimmingpool_dig3.jpg

They are coming out tomorrow to actually dig the pool.

Nice layout. Are you adding a railing to help get in and out of the pool? The only reason I'm asking is my father lives with us, he'll be 80 in a few weeks, and we're looking at adding one to assist him in getting in and out of the pool. It's easier to add now, then later.

Brentr said:
Welcome to TFP :wave: , please post pics and questions and concerns are welcomed :cheers: :cheers:

What he said ^^^

Bunch of us Floridians on here to help discuss your concerns/issues other places may not face.

bobodaclown said:
Nice layout. Are you adding a railing to help get in and out of the pool? The only reason I'm asking is my father lives with us, he'll be 80 in a few weeks, and we're looking at adding one to assist him in getting in and out of the pool. It's easier to add now, then later.
No, we hadn't really thought about it. I will inquire with the PB about that. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow - the walls look so straight - I didn't know there was dirt in Florida, mine was all packed sand that fell in with excavation.

haybird said:
Good looking start!! Are all the houses in the nieghbourhood the same colour? Good luck with the rest of your build!
They are not all the same color but they all were painted by the developer so you can imagine that there is not that much difference. All of them pretty neutral.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.