Just checking......

pool1999

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 2, 2011
727-Florida
Just checking my pool levels and seeing if i am on track and if anyone has suggestions or concerns. I have been using pool school and the calculator to balance the water and it has been increadably helpfull. :goodjob: I have NO experience doing this but it is a blast.

FC 3

CC 0

TC 3

PH 7.2 ( it was 8.2 yesterday so i used the pool calculator and added some acid last night and presto! Now its good )

TA 70

CH 280

Temp 83 degrees

CYA 0 I added it yesterday ( one of Micheles stockings in the skimmer basket) so i will test next week to see the level.

I have been running the pump for 8hrs a day and the salt level is 3600 according the display.

Dave, the water looks great. Its clear and has stayed that way since thursday when the pump and the SWG was turned on. Im just trying to keep it clear. The PB had the SWG set at 50% and i turned it down to 40% this morning. Im hoping the CYA i added will start to buffer my chlorine loss from the sun.

Attachments

• tfp1.jpg
    tfp1.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 48
OK. (nice pic) Since your water is nice and clear, you are in very good shape and need to do virtually nothing else.

I would suggest running your pump perhaps just a little more or maybe in 2-4 hour periods if you have a timer. If your pool water is staying nice and clear, however, your run time is just fine.

I assume you have calculated a target CYA somewhere around 60-80.

Very nice job of getting your pool water in good shape. :lol:

The one thing seriously lacking in your report is the consumption of an occasional adult beverage....can we assume you intend to correct that as the swim season progresses? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
OK. (nice pic) Since your water is nice and clear, you are in very good shape and need to do virtually nothing else.

I would suggest running your pump perhaps just a little more or maybe in 2-4 hour periods if you have a timer. If your pool water is staying nice and clear, however, your run time is just fine.

I assume you have calculated a target CYA somewhere around 60-80.

Very nice job of getting your pool water in good shape. :lol:

The one thing seriously lacking in your report is the consumption of an occasional adult beverage....can we assume you intend to correct that as the swim season progresses? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dave, thanks for the compliment on the pic, i am crazy about this pool. Speaking of crazy, its taken me all week to recover from this weekends festivities :hammer:
There was beer, hamburgers, and pool floats flying everywhere...i totaly forgot to take any pictures because i was so "busy" enjoying myself,lol. It was a fun party and i cant wait till the next one :-D

I am targeting my CYA at 60-80 and i will test this saturday to see where im at. They are painting the deck this week so i cant swim untill its dry :(

JasonLion said:
Looking good.

Remember that as the CYA level comes up the percentage setting on the SWG will need to be lowered. So keep an eye on the FC level and adjust the percentage as needed.

Thank you Jason, i didn't think about that. I just tested it and sure enough, its creeping up ( FC= 6 ) and i need to lower the percentage a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.