Autopilot & Solar Cover Questions

Apr 14, 2011
The Bluegrass State
Only two dumb questions on this rainy night... :hammer:

1. I just did a rough measurement of my in ground oval for a solar cover. It's 13'9" wide by about 34' long. Not totally positive on the length as I only had a 25' measuring tape but if its off then its only by inches, not feet. I took those measurements to the net in search of a solar cover but I don't see any in that size. Do I have to get one custom made?

2. The previous owner of my home put in the pool and for some reason the pump is on a switch and not hooked up to the Autopilot system. Why would one do this? As it is now, I must either leave the pump on 24 hours a day or run out there and hit the switch twice a day. I'm planning on adding it to my home automation system but I still can't figure out why the Autopilot wouldn't control it.

That is all for now. Thanks to all!

1) You can get a solar cover that is a little too big and then cut it to size yourself.

2) Who ever did the install was either lazy or wanted things to work the way they had always worked. If you have the Digital model, remember that the relay used to control the pump is optional and you may need to add it. Even if you have to add the relay, doing so is a great idea and shouldn't be very difficult.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.