how can I remove debris from here?

Mar 7, 2011
100_0741.jpg

What is this piece called? Why is the debris there? How can I remove it? What should I know before I remove it? What problem does it make? If I don't clean it what will happen?

Thank you

newnick said:
You need to isolate it also, block the valves upstream and downstream.
That depends on the height of the pump relative to the hight of the water in the pool. With the pump above the pool there is no need to close valves, but with the pump below water level it is crucial to close valves.

edwardscissorhands said:
I removed the lock ring. I cleaned the basket. I put the lock ring and basket on. I turned on the pump. Air does not blow into pool. What did I do? Thank you

Air doesn't blow in the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you leave the pump on for a little while? When you open the basket the pump looses prime - so it needs to reprime (fill with water) before it will work.

If it is something more exotic than that - post a pic of all your equipment so we can better see your situation.

OK. A neighbor turned a valve and fixed my problem. Thank you.

I did fill with water, but it didn't take a minute. I never got it to fill up but filled it up for a while.

So, now my filter tank is half full with water. What does this mean?
Also my pump I felt was too hot to touch so I turned the pump off immediately.

Could it be you ran it for awhile with the valve closed, and the pump worked so hard it superheated? Leave it off for an hour, check the temp on it before you turn it back on. If it is cool, fire the pump back up and check it every 5-10 minutes or so. If it continues to superheat and the jets are flowing, it could mean the brushes in the pump motor are going. If it is flowing correctly, I doubt there is an obstruction in the pipes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.