Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My first closing went great!

1. Back To Top    #1

My first closing went great!

Then I found out I was a dork! When I was putting the mesh cover on, I decided that I would put the clean side up. One side was noticeably dirtier than the other side, so I thought that the cleanest side would have been the top since it took all the rain over last winter.

I realized about 3/4 of the way through that I was putting the cover on upside down, so I went ahead and finished putting it on. Now I have 2 big black rubber squares on top at the corners of the steps. I guess these are protection for the cover for when the middle goes down from snow so it doesn't rub against the corners and tear.

So the only real question is, should I leave it or flip it?
    24000 Gal, 18x36 Vinyl
    Hayward Super Pump
    Jacuzzi Tri Clops Cartridge Filter
    Heat Siphon Heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Nevermind....I went ahead and did it
    24000 Gal, 18x36 Vinyl
    Hayward Super Pump
    Jacuzzi Tri Clops Cartridge Filter
    Heat Siphon Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Good idea!! Those are the pads that protect the cover material from being abraded by the corners.

Have a great winter! If you don't stop by here in the colder months, I look forward to seeing you here next spring
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: My first closing went great!

Quote Originally Posted by buddywiser
    I guess these are protection for the cover for when the middle goes down from snow so it doesn't rub against the corners and tear.
    What is snow ?
    14,500 inground gunite
    7' connected spa with overflow waterfall
    Goldline salt water chlorine generator
    Hayward 4 cartridge filter
    Hayward 400K heater
    Completed January 07

5. Back To Top    #5
    For some of us, its that stuff that hangs around almost 9mths out of the year, building up and hiding our pools so we don't feel sad that its too cold to swim. Out of sight - out of mind. Then it melts and runs off so we can actually see where our pool is 3 mths out of the year....Its winter camo

For the rest, its that stuff that falls in the mountains about 9mths out of the year, melts and runs off down to the lowlands in your area to fill the aquafirs and furnish about the only water supply people have there in the dry areas of the country.... you know, the reason you CAN fill your pool?
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!