Intellitouch Load Center

ed0846

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 30, 2011
I am in the process of updating my pool equipment pad. I've been looking at the Pentair products and want to install the Intellitouch automation system and the Intellichlor SWCG. I've seen some notes about a new load center that includes the Intellichlor power supply (part number 521213) that was supposed to be out in early / mid April. I search for this part nmuber but can't find anyone selling it. When I search for it on the Pentair web site, it does not locate anything. Can you Pentair experts help me out? Is there such an animla? Is it going to be stocked and sold soon? Thanks in advance.
Ed

Bummer..I hope they release it soon. I'm sure I'll be back with questions as I figure out the rest of the equipment pad upgrade.
Thanks for all your quick replies...this board rocks!

Arrrgh! I am buying my equipment and ran into this too! Does the older product load center not include the power transformer for the ic? Amy updates in the last 10 days? It will be a cpl months before I HAVE to have it but I wanted to get my equipment on the way and start installing the electrical side.

The new one is still not shipping that I can see.

The old one does not come with the IntelliChlor power supply. The new one comes either way, with or without the power supply. The new one is also a little larger, 150 amps instead of 125 amps and max of 10 breakers instead of 8.

I've also been thinking about buying this new model with the integrated Intellichlor transformer, however I think I may go with the seperate transformer. I assume the transformer puts out a fair amount of heat, like all transformers, and this heat in turn will damage the IntelliTouch electronics over time, as heat damages electronics over time. So my question is, do others agree with my conclusion or has Pentair done something to get this heat out of the cabinet, such as an exhaust fan?

A few days ago, I spoke with the owner of a local pool company about this problem. There are many products on the Pentair site that are not yet available by online pool stores. He told me that as a large Pentair pool dealer, he can get ANY part listed on Pentairs site.

You might check with a local dealer to see if they can do the same. Although, that option may cost extra$$$

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to update this...

I got an email from a supplier today I will repost here:

Begin Quote--

Hi Chuck, Just to follow up on our phone conversation tody, the #Pentair 521213 is now available from Pentair special order only at this time 7-10 business days. the price is $579.99 if you would like to pre-order.
Thank you,
Tom Coudayre
TC Pool Equipment Co.
(714)368-0429
[email protected]

End Quote--

I am ordering one I think... one less box and set of wires on my wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.