LP Gas firepit and underground piping

snappa

Apr 20, 2011
Hello,

I'm having a gas fire pit installed on a new concrete / stone patio. There needs to be a pipe run about 20 feet from the house to the point where it will come up next to the point where it will connect to a flex hose for the fire pit. Given that this needs to be trenched at least 18" and the yard is already torn up due to construction there's no grass to repair.

Can someone tell me roughly what they would expect this to cost to have a licensed plumber do this? I'm looking for a ball park quesstimate and not a firm commitment so I know what I'm looking at when a quote comes in.

Note: There is already a black iron gas pipe running next to the sill of the house that so it basically needs to be tapped into and run through the sill to the outside or through the concrete depending on how this is done as opposed to having new pipe run indoors.

I do know any estimates are very rough and subjective but I have no idea on what sort of costs I'm looking at for this. This installation is being done in New England if that helps.

Any info appreciated.

I have two lines on my contract. I think they are the BBQ and the Firepit

AccesssoryGasline Stub - 65 LF $746
AccesssoryGasline Stub - 25 LF $479

We added some extra runs for the Tiki Torches and they had to up-size the main gas line. That should get you into the ballpark for So-Cal prices.

Thanks all. Appreciate the info. This gives me enough to be able to assess if my plumber is in the ballpark with his quote. The home is a vacation home and I find I have to be extra careful on quotes as some contractors (not all) seem to see that as a license to jack the prices up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.