Goldline SWG gone bad?

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
Hi All.
My Goldline SWG has been working flawlessly for over 5 years until recently.
Outside temp 80 degrees
Water temp 73 degrees
Cell working 65% for 2 hrs daily
Salt level 3300
Flow switch closed
No air pockets
Filters recently cleaned
All water numbers within normal specs.

Now that we have the basis out of the way here is what it has been doing.
Upon startup I get the
Green power light
The screen is working fine
I get the blinking red flow light for a minute then it goes out and the Check cell light comes on solid yellow.
But the green generating light comes on green life everything is working. Which it is generating chlorine.

So I changed out me cell with a brand new one and I get the same yellow light coming on to check cell.

So I replaced the brand new cell with the old one and it is still doing the exact same thing.
The check cell light is on.

What do yo think is the problem?

FOUND THE SOLUTION

"To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua Rite® will remind
you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours
of
operation.
After you inspect the cell press the small "diagnostic" button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and start the timer for the next 500 hours."

do you have the right cell selected?

what happens when you press the diagnostic button for 5 secs?

still I think you probably have a bad pcb board. you got 5 yrs out of it and thats good. if you like fooling around and fixing parts in the board then try that but I prefer just to swap out the whole board one time. we know its not the cell so only can be the board. unless the wrong cell is selected or pressing the diagnostic button for 5 secs works..

FOUND THE SOLUTION

"To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua Rite® will remind
you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours of
operation.
After you inspect the cell press the small "diagnostic" button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and start the timer for the next 500 hours."

Thanks

Just-a-PB said:
Aquatica,
He already found the problem on his own.
Bottom of his post.

thats normal cleaning procedure. I thought since he had the system 5 years he would have already done that. so the cell lasted 5 years with no cleaning? this is the first time the check cell light came on? but it was solid yellow? not flashing..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.