my deep end light burned out

G

flipped the light on in the house and it did that flash like a regular bulb and now it wont light, should have seen it coming was about half as bright as it used to be when we opened the pool

how do i change it, do i just make sure its off at the switch or do i need to make sure it is off at the breaker too. i havent had this happen it looks like there is just one screw on top and thats it, but is this something your average diyer can do or do i need a pro. :!:

First, get a new bulb and a gasket for the housing. Shut off the breaker. Remove the screw that holds the trim ring in place and pull the light out and put it on the pool deck. The cable will stay attached and should reach the deck. Reassemble with the new gasket and bulb.

It's OK to turn your light on while it's sitting on the deck but DO NOT leave it on. The water provides the heat dissipation needed for the light and niche.

Also, place a piece of cardboard or towel on the deck before you place the light on it. You may scratch or break the glass lens.

Make sure you wipe the inside of the light housing dry (if you get any water/moisture in the housing).

Above all, as John and Dave said, replace your gasket too.

My deep end light didn't work when I bought my house.

Am I understanding correctly that you can (and should) replace the light even when it's under water? So the wiring should be waterproof then? Electricity + water makes me nervous...

My light looks like the old circular car headlights. Where can I get bulbs and gaskets?

Yes, you can replace the bulb in an underwater light. However, always turn the electricty off before even touching the fixture. Take the light out of the water before opening it, the cable really ought to be long enough. You can turn it on while it is out of the water but don't leave it on very long or it might overheat (most of them require cooling from the water).

hmm...my light doesn't have a trim ring. It looks like it has a gasket holding it in and it looks like the gasket was caulked around.

Would Lowe's or HD carry parts (and gaskets) for something like this?

I'd hate to get it apart and not be able to put it back together again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.