Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

How much liner lock would I need for a 27 foot round pool? We have decided to 'try' to reuse the liner, but figured we would get the liner lock. I don't know how much to buy. I just ordered the pool pad and the cove (stick on kind). I still have to treat the ground first, right? What agent should I use to kill off nutgrass, weeds etc?

I'm just guessing you would need 27 feet of liner lock. Go to your local nursery and tell them you want the best nutgrass killer they have. Tell them you are setting up a pool and they should know what will work best in your area.

Thank You guys for your help. I have a QUESTION. The beaded receivers on this pool appear to be alluminum or some type of metal. I bought replacements but they are plastic. Do you guys think this will affect the integrity of the pool? I also ended up buying a new liner from the same company. The things that I wanted to get, but haven't is the pool wall foam/insulation stuff. I paid 850 for the pool and have another 800 into the pool.... and I still have to purchase the patio blocks, the sand for the filter, a water test kit.

Pool site has not been even started on because my husband and I disagree on where the best spot for the pool will be. If I post pictures of the different spots, would anyone be willing to give me their input on good/bad choice? The ground here is not dirt per se' instead it is very rocky. When I did my rock garden, every time I went to dig a hole I hit rocks the size of grapefruits. I did buy ground cover but now I am wondering if I should have sand brought in too??? Any advice???

Okay..... surprise surprise..... this weekend became a "surprise" to me construction day. Husband, his brother and the people down the road with a trackter and backblade and laser transit (?) came and leveled out a huge area for they were talking about spreading beach sand around the pool after we put the pool up. Is this a bad idea? Seriously, I am going to be upset if this thing caves in. Oh, and they were talking about some kind of trenches to direct water from the house gutters, out into the woods and in the opposite direction of the pool. I guess these guys do excavating, but it is making me nervous. What if they don't know the things I know? wait until u guys see these pics. When I say HUGE area, I mean HUGE area leveled and removed of sod. I actually think they took more than sod because there is a lot of dirt that has to be hauled out.

As long as the area where the pool will be is solid, everything should be fine. Just wait until the pool is full of water before putting any dirt or sand against the outside walls.

060.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And here the guy you see has this level thing that reads back to a laser on a tri-pod that indicates the level or something. I don't know.... lol, it is a laser level. Today they are bringing in the sand for under the pool. They excavated a HUGE area and we will only be setting the pool up and the edging around the pool (about 2 foot around the diameter of the pool). Everything after the edging will be beach sand I guess..... They are moving all of the extra dirt down into our property to fill a hole. They are also doing some kind of trenching (underground) so that water will not run toward the pool or collect anywhere around it. I am a little nervous about all that they are doing, but they are excavators and have done this stuff before. I had to flagg off the leach field and septic lines because they are running the drains away from that and the pool. I will update pictures all day today.
I am nervous........ I am not sure why. Is it a bad sign that as I write this a bird just did a suicide dive into one of my windows and is laying outside the window (trying to avoid my daughter noticing).... I might have to go put it out of its' misery. Dang it.... I will be back!

wow! I am pretty disappointed. Not only did I ask the guy if the pool wall was wrinkled or bent, but I told him it looked that way in the picture and if it was that I didn't want it and that he could keep half of my deposit for his trouble. We unrolled a lot of the pool wall and couldn't see anything. Well, see for yourself........ I will never buy a used pool again. :( I am very disappointed....... lesson learned.
IMG_1278.jpg

BUT.............. vigilance has paid off and we are calling it a night with this as the outcome..........
IMG_1288.jpg

:) I owe my husband... A LOT..... I said I didn't think he had the motivation to do this, and he did. I also owe 3 other people a ton of THANK YOU's.... and ALL of you who have helped along the way. We still have to fill it (and put in the skimmer and return)...... but we will wait for tomorrow when the sun is back out. Right now it has cooled off and the liner is very very tight and needs to stretch and for that I hear we should wait for the beautiful sun in the morning.
I can hardly wait.... but I am so tired I wish it was all done.
By the way.... I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a used pool EVER again! And I do not recommend it unless you know exactly what to look for and to not be so trusting like I was. 850 was too much considering all that I have had to replace (liner, receivers, bolts and the fact the wall is bent and was a real pain to get into the track.)
Let's just hope that they did the track and everything correct........

I am on a well..... how long can I run my well pump without hurting it? Like should I fill for an hour and then stop for an hour and then fill for an hour? Husband is at work, nothing is cut out for the skimmer and I have to put the verticles and top rails on myself because we are going to get a storm tomorrow. I have to get this thing filled at least up to the first hole that needs to be cut for a return. Please help, I don't know what I am doing and I am scared I am going to ruin something..... also, you are supposed to cardboard and tape all holes except one and use a vacuum, right? Like a shop vac.... or do you not have to do this?

If you've already started putting water in it don't worry about the shop vac.

It's almost impossible for us to say how long is safe to run your well pump.
Is it a submersible or a jet pump?
Are there any restrictions on the water table that you know of?
Have you ever ran your well dry before?

As long as the pump is pumping water, you're not going to hurt the pump. It can run a long time. The problem might be the well or it may be fine to pump that much water out of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.