Pool vacuum

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
I have a Lettro (now Pentair) Legend. 10 years old. Still works well.

It has been very windy in TX and I am collecting dust/sand in the pool at record levels, especially in shallow area like steps into the pool and pool seats. Historically I sweep the sand to deep end of pool, sweep into filter, and allow the robot to [ick up[ what it can. I have been considering a pool vacuum for a couple years because this process is inefficient. I have large collections of sand in a small space, then sweep the sand to the furthest pool location with the highest volume of water. Is there a quality pool vacuum I can use for spot cleaning that will improve the efficiency of removing sand from the pool?

Thanks

I have a cheap vacuum head I bought at Lowes. Without a lengthy explanation of why it has to be this way, I connect the hose straight into the inlet in the strainer. Believe me, it sucks plenty hard! Getting shingle grit out of the corners is the hard part; the vacuum will pick them up no problem. And it takes a pretty good tug to get the hose adaptor out of the skimmer when it's running.

I don't think you need to look for the Cadillac of vacuums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.