Purchased wrong size Jandy valves, can I use adapters?

looper

May 6, 2010
So after installing my solar panels last year, I decided it is time to replace the cheap-but-painful-to-use Home Depot water valves with Jandy units, so I can also automate the setup. Somehow I convinced myself that I had 2" plumbing, so I ordered a 2" Jandy 3-port Diverter valve (4717) and a 2" Jandy Check valve (7305). Of course, now I find out that I really have 1 1/2" plumbing (I always tell myself to measure twice, cut once ... not sure how I managed to get this so wrong).

So the question is: Can I get away with using some sort of adapters Home Depot/Lowes might have, or should I try to sell these valves and buy new ones (really don't want to go this route)? Not sure if I have to worry about something like turbulence or anything else I can't think of ;)

You can use bushings/adapters, but some of those valves work as 1.5" and 2" valves. For 1.5", the pipe goes inside the valve fitting. For 2" the valve fitting goes inside the pipe. YMMV, but check before you spend any money or glue anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.