Just an observation

TimIA

Apr 5, 2011
Iowa
Hi all. Not sure if any of you go out and look at google maps to see other pools in your neighborhoods or not. I live in IA and there are pools around, but you have to look for them. Grew up in NW suburb of Chicago, cooler summers than here in IA, but definitely more pools around. I just happened to look for something in Grand Rapids MI, cooler summers yet, but I swear I was looking in FL or something. Looking at different parts of Grand Rapids MI and there are pools all over!! anyone have any ideas why? Maybe lots of pb's and the prices are lower so more people have them? Figured the cooler the summer, the fewer pools there would be. Not entirely true I guess. Do we have anyone from that area that might know why? Again, just an odd observation that I have made.

I think most people assume the Midwest has cool summers because the winters are cold. Much of the Midwest has very hot, muggy summers. Although they are shorter than they are further south, they aren't as much cooler as you might expect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.