Pentair EasyTouch - GFCI outlet

leered

Mar 16, 2011
Hello,

I noticed that on the EasyTouch box ( metal) there is a GFCI knockout (see attached extract from installation manual). However, I am not sure what box to use on it because of the bolt pattern. Is this a Pentair part or a part that you can only find at pool stores. Home Depot carries only boxes that install on stucco...

It would help to see some pictures as well :)

Thanks,

Lee

Attachments

• Pages from EasyTouchSystem_GFCI_Knockout.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 100
crookm11 said:
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I'm no expert but, looking at the picture it looks like an actual GFCI outlet mounts to the knockout. Not an added box. It has the same screw pattern as the outlet itself. Just a thought.

:cheers:

That's how it looks to me as well.

Thanks everyone!

I assumed you'd need an actual box to hold the outlet because of the knockouts ( receptacle and screw wholes). I guess I will have to use metal screws to attach the outlet to the metal body. Please confirm.

Thanks again.

Lee

Racket was correct: additional mounting screws were needed. :) However, I ended up using self threading metal screws . Actually 2 screws were enough to hold the outlet and the protective cover!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond!

Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.