Converting from Baq. to chlorine - need some help

MeSue,

I would have to turn the filter off because in the instructions for the flock it says that you add the product and turn the filter off for 24 hours to let everything settle. You put in the product, let it circulate and then turn the pump off.

As far as adding stabilizer to my pool - no I have not added anything but bleach because I figured that would be a waste of time and money to add anything other than bleach while going through the conversion.

I will continue with the bleach for a couple of days. Baquacil is not registering in my pool at all so I don't understand why dropping and staying at 15 ppm overnight is not a good thing. It has been being nothing by morning until now.

I have stated before that I have a 21' AG pool with a vinyl liner and sand filter.

Thanks for the advice.

Pam

OIC, I did not realize the filter remark was in regard to the floc treatment. I have never done that.

IMO, you should just keep the chlorine up, filter 24/7, vacuum and backwash often until your chlorine holds overnight.

No need to test CYA until after you add stabilizer. ;-)

15ppm in the AM is certainly a good thing, but a loss of 5 overnight and the CC of 1 I would say means you're not quite there yet. But very close!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.