Cloudy spa high bromine level

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
I shock with chlorine and sometimes I put too much in. A few days ago I added some chlorine reducer to burn up some of the bromine I had in the spa cause it was close to 20ppm. Anyways, I did not pay attention and the bromine went to 0. So when I did notice it was too late, the spa was cloudy. So I shocked it and the as of yesterday (three days later) the water was still cloudy even though the bromine level was around 16ppm. The water is about 3 months old and I need to change it, but was wondering why the water is not clearing up. Is it because the filter is not getting the finer particles? Do I need to wait longer for the filter to get it out?

There might be something wrong with your filter. The cloudiness might be particles that are so small they pass right through the filter. It is worth checking the filter, but unless there is something obvious wrong it is difficult to be sure either way.

One of the advantages of a spa is that you can dump the water and start over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.