Hi and a question

danamomof8

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2007
SW Louisiana
Hi from SW Louisiana. Have had our pool for 2 1/2 years. Kids love to swim, We love to watch. Our pool is not your normal color, it has something called diamond brite finish, mojave beige. It has a pond look to the water color. I love it, most people don't, get lots of comments about our water looking kind of green. I've taken photos of the kids in it on a cloudy day, it really does look bad then. I just didn't feel the blue water look was for us.
Was battling tiny algae spots this summer when i found this forum. I only wish i'd have found it before the $175 was spent at the local pool store. The money didn't help anything, but all of you did, thanks.
I have a question i can't find addressed anywhere. On my tile (around waters edge) and grout, I have white limescale (some type of deposits) it follows the water line. Not sure what it is, but i don't know how to get rid of whatever it is. Wish I had white grout instead of brown, maybe it wouldn't have shown. Anyway, surely someone else has had this. Tomorrow a.m. I'll take a photo and try to send it. maybe someone can direct me to the proper thread.
thanks for all your help!
dana

Hi Dana,

I'd recommend you get a full set of test results, particularly pH, Calcium Hardness and Total Alkalinity and post them in the Pool School forum. Most likely it is scaling, which is caused by water chemistry issues.

Welcome to the forum!

divnkd101 said:
Dana,

Welcome to TFP. What part of SW Louisiana? I went to high school in Lake Charles. As both Jason and John have suggested, get a full test of pool chemistry and post it in the "Pool School" section. Don't forget to mention the scaling on your tile and grout.

Hi,
Sulphur, which is really close, if you remember.
I have my numbers now:

salt 3000
fc 3.9
tc 3.9
ph 8 (adding acid now)
hardness 200
cya 55 (adding 3# so I'll be up for SWG recomm. range)
ta 80
these numbers are from the Pool store, as i only have a wmart kit.
here is a photo also.
hope someone can help me.
thanks,
dana

I'll also post in the Pool school sect.

Attachments

• IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 126