Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi and a question

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi and a question

Hi from SW Louisiana. Have had our pool for 2 1/2 years. Kids love to swim, We love to watch. Our pool is not your normal color, it has something called diamond brite finish, mojave beige. It has a pond look to the water color. I love it, most people don't, get lots of comments about our water looking kind of green. I've taken photos of the kids in it on a cloudy day, it really does look bad then. I just didn't feel the blue water look was for us.
    Was battling tiny algae spots this summer when i found this forum. I only wish i'd have found it before the $175 was spent at the local pool store. The money didn't help anything, but all of you did, thanks.
    I have a question i can't find addressed anywhere. On my tile (around waters edge) and grout, I have white limescale (some type of deposits) it follows the water line. Not sure what it is, but i don't know how to get rid of whatever it is. Wish I had white grout instead of brown, maybe it wouldn't have shown. Anyway, surely someone else has had this. Tomorrow a.m. I'll take a photo and try to send it. maybe someone can direct me to the proper thread.
    thanks for all your help!
    dana
    danamomof8
    2005 - 20K gallon gunite, aquarite turbo cell SWG, 3-5-3.5 depth, pentair 60sq ft DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP!

If you don't get an answer in this thread, try starting a new topic in the Pool School section to ask about the white scale.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hi Dana,

I'd recommend you get a full set of test results, particularly pH, Calcium Hardness and Total Alkalinity and post them in the Pool School forum. Most likely it is scaling, which is caused by water chemistry issues.

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4
    Dana,

Welcome to TFP. What part of SW Louisiana? I went to high school in Lake Charles. As both Jason and John have suggested, get a full test of pool chemistry and post it in the "Pool School" section. Don't forget to mention the scaling on your tile and grout.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    Dana,

Welcome to TFP. What part of SW Louisiana? I went to high school in Lake Charles. As both Jason and John have suggested, get a full test of pool chemistry and post it in the "Pool School" section. Don't forget to mention the scaling on your tile and grout.
    Hi,
    Sulphur, which is really close, if you remember.
    I have my numbers now:

salt 3000
    fc 3.9
    tc 3.9
    ph 8 (adding acid now)
    hardness 200
    cya 55 (adding 3# so I'll be up for SWG recomm. range)
    ta 80
    these numbers are from the Pool store, as i only have a wmart kit.
    here is a photo also.
    hope someone can help me.
    thanks,
    dana

I'll also post in the Pool school sect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    danamomof8
    2005 - 20K gallon gunite, aquarite turbo cell SWG, 3-5-3.5 depth, pentair 60sq ft DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6
    Dana, I remember Sulphur quite well. Have to pass through it every time I visit Lake Charles. I am going to leave the above post as is unless people start responding to this one concerning your problems. You should get some good answers in the Pool School section.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi and welcome to the group.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

A big wave from just east of you in Lafayette!
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...