Summersatthelake Pool Build

Getting Closer

The crew is coming tomorrow to install the epoxy and pebble finish to my concrete retaining walls and pebbletec is scheduled for Wednesday. The electricians are also coming back tomorrow and we should get a little closer to having this finished..I went with the Easytouch panel with wireless remote. We have had so much rain that everything was backed up..pebbletec crew is out of St. Louis (3 hours) and epoxy stone installers are out of Kansas City (3 hours).

Waterline Tiles

EskimoPie said:
Are you not using waterline tiles?

I have been waiting for someone to comment on this..My PB is not a big fan of waterline tiles as he tries to build a pool with lots of real stone and he thinks that it takes away from the natural look. I was unsure of this and did a bunch of research before I agreed to proceed.. numerous conversations with pebbletec (warranty/cracking) and correspondance with other owners that opted for no waterline tile. Most people seem to be happy with their decision but there are a few that have had problems...most of the problems I heard of were from the pebbletec cracking at the coping/top of pool shell contact point. At contract signing I even asked my pb if he would install the waterline tile for additional $'ss and he still tried to talk me out of it so I don't believe that he is just doing it to cut corners and his references are fantastic and almost all of his pools are built with no waterline tile

I'd be less concerned with cracking of the pebbletec than I would be of scaling/calcium buildup a the waterline... This is where all the evaporation occurs and if you get buildup in all the little crevices of the pebbletec than I can't imagine how you'd clean it out effectively. IMHO, the main advantage of tile is easy cleaning.

EskimoPie,
It seems that some people seem to have a problem with calcium buildup and others don't..guess that I am about to find out for myself:).
The crew started installing the epoxy/stone on the concrete walls today and it looks awesome..this will cover all of the bare concrete walls, deck pillars, and one sidewalk..looks like it will take another day or so to finish.
I had the electricians install a 100 amp sub panel beside the EasyTouch so I have plenty of power for anything else I want to do later. PebbleTec is coming first thing in the morning....Yipee!!!

Looks great!

We just had our pebble sheen installed and love the look, it took just over a week before we got the look we liked...don't be disappointed if it doesn't look right the first couple of days after it's full.

I like their 'warning' "if some pebbles fall off durning sweeping and cleaning, don't worry, there's about 40 million left" :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the comment and heads up on the pebbletec look. I was almost dark when the tec crew got packed up and it is a good thing it got done yesterday as it is really raining right now. Hopefully they will still come out this morning and acid wash. It was almost 90 degrees yesterday when they first started applying the finish but we had a front come through with a few sprinkles and the temps dropped almost 20 degrees and it turned into great weather for finishing the pebbletec. The crew applying the epoxy stone to the walls are not quite finished and I hope it stops raining soon so they can get done..my pb and electrician are scheduled to finish up equiptment today.
The kids are off to shcool and I am going to grab an umbrella and a cup of coffee and walk in the pool!!!!

FABULOUS!

I like the way it looks without the tile. 8) Can't wait to see it done!

That is really turning out beautifully...you have quite a property and view there! I like your choice of stone and the epoxy looks nice. Our last pool had pebbletec with a cantilever coping, no waterline tile. We never had any problems, even after 12 yrs.

Can't wait to see the finished pics!

Thanks to all of the above for the very nice comments..I took the day off for the pool filling and started on some of the plantings and I am just about whupped for the day.The water is almost to the skimmers at 6:00 and I am just minutes away from action and my pb is coming back soon. It started out nice and then we had some severe thunderstorms and the temp dropped about 20 degrees...my pb was finishing up the plumbing and electricians were finishing up but didn't quite make it but at least the pumps are all working. Got some plantings done today and it is nice to see some color. More pic's in a few days.

The water looks fantastic!

That pool is AWESOME! Enjoy it! 8)

Man, if this is the summer house, I would like to rent it from you the rest of the year!! ;)

Love the shape of the pool... looks like a flying fish, with the semi-circle steps as the eye!

Your beautiful blue water puts the lake to shame!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.