Polynesian low-hung liner pool

Jun 16, 2009
I bought a house that has a 30 plus year old polynesian low-hung liner pool. The problem I have is hard bubbles sticking out of the fiberglass panels that sit above the liner. Does anyone know how to repair these bubbles? I will try to get pictures when it stops raining so you can see what I am talking about. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MonkeyLove

Blisters like that can be fixed, but it is a bit of a project. You need to cut them open, make sure they are completely dried out, sand them down, patch with an epoxy based fiberglass repair compound, and refinish. It is a fair bit of work and it makes a mess, which needs to be kept out of the water, but it is straightforward enough.

I don't know if this applies to fiberglass pools, but would think it does. Blisters in fiberglass are fairly common on the bottom of fiberglass boats that stay in the water. If you want to talk to someone about the process of getting rid of them look for a marina that does bottom jobs. They should be able to explain the process in detail. As Jason says it is a messy process and will be difficult to keep out of the water.

Hey Acebabe...I didn't notice your question until today...sorry. I had the pool redone....New concrete, pipes, liner all the way up over fiberglass, new coping. Basically a new pool on the old walls. It was not cheap!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.