New Pool Numbers (Help Please)

Mar 10, 2011
New to the forums and the pool business. I have a couple of questions:
I have a SWG pool with a Aqualogic P4 plus, I have added bleach, salt of course 20 bags and baking soda and my numbers are:
FC-0
TC-0
ph 7.9
Hardness- 30ppm
Alkalinity-59 ppm
Cyanuric Acid-5ppm

I have no fault codes and my salt level shows 3500ppm, why do I not have any chlorine showing up? I did take my water to a pool company and the above numbers were what the test sheet shows. Help please!
Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to TFP!

Your FC is disapperaing faster than your cell can make it because your stabilizer level (CYA) is too low. Your CYA should be between 60 and 80 ppm for a saltwater pool. You should add CYA and chlorinate with bleach until the CYA level is high enough to let your SWCG go on it's own.

Have you begun reading Pool School to learn about the various chemical levels and how to maintain them, test for them, and correct them? Very good info in there for you.

I would suggest getting a high quality test kit as well. A TF-100 (link in my sig) is top notch. You can also get a Taylor K-2006 and do well with it.

Thanks for the quick reply, I actually bought 2 buckets of CYA today and was a little leary about adding it since I really have no idea what I am doing. I have been reading the pool school and I have purchased a test kit as well. I guess I can use a pool calculator and determine how much bleach and CYA to add?

Absolutely! Bookmark the Pool Calculator on your computer as you will use it often. Add enough CYA to get you to 60 ppm, wait a week, and retest the CYA level to confirm it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.