Pipe Sizing and Return Question

briansturgeon

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
My PB usually runs all 1.5" lines. I requested 2" on mine and he said he will do it but that I will not gain anything because the eyeball returns in the pool will still be only 3/4" and thus will negate using any 2".

I am having him put in Whisperflo WFDS 2 speed pump and Quad DE 60 filter. Therefore everything is going to be 2" except the returns I guess.

Is he right?

Is he right?
No. Especially on the suction side, 2" lines are very desirable. Obviously, larger pipe reduces resistance (head) and the less resistance you have, the more effective the system.

It's not a huge deal but your system will simply be a little better if you opt for 2" plumbing.

Tell him you want 1" eyeballs AND 2" pipe. Also, make sure he runs separate suction lines for each skimmer and/or main drain pair.

briansturgeon said:
I am having him put in Whisperflo WFDS 2 speed pump and Quad DE 60 filter. Ta

Is he right?

What size WDFS?

And no he's not right. The only time builder should be running 1 1/2" on a pool these days are for water features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.