Need help with Goldline Aqua Cell.

Your unit is fine.

Instant salinity will read 0 when the controller is in the "time out" sequence based on your output percentage.
Instant salinity will read correctly when the unit begins generating chlorine.

Turn it up to 100%. You should hear the controller click on within a few seconds.
Check the instant salinity. It should read correctly now. Reset the output to the desired %.

Poolschoolgrad said:
Your unit is fine.

Instant salinity will read 0 when the controller is in the "time out" sequence based on your output percentage.
Instant salinity will read correctly when the unit begins generating chlorine.

Turn it up to 100%. You should hear the controller click on within a few seconds.
Check the instant salinity. It should read correctly now. Reset the output to the desired %.

Thanks, yesterday it said I needed salt as I was down to 2800. I added 40lbs. Now its reading 4600ppm. according to the pool calculator I should be at 3400

JasonLion said:
What was your water temperature before? The salt reading is lower than actual when the water is cold.
83 degrees.

I added about a inch or so of water this morning after checking the cell and cleaning.
I bump the chlorinator to 100% and I hear the click and running. It then reads 4500ppm and then shut down, saying to test salt levels.

Since I don't have a salt test, I will run to the PS later to have them check the salt levels.

I added 40lbs of salt last week as my reading said 2300ppm and I never added salt this winter. It jumped to 3200ppm for a week. We have been swimming and had some light rain. It dropped to 2800, so I added more salt.

Now I am thinking the SWG was not reading right and I indeed have too much salt now :grrrr:

But the SWG is shutting down. I hate to have to drain that much water and add more in the drought we are having!

Readings:
-23.300V -9.38A 83* 4500ppm

Now once I turn up the chlorinator and get it to runs and read 4500pm, I set it to 0%.
then it reads 2300ppm!

Hurricane Gio - I had the same problem with my Aqua Rite and I believe the issue is that my cell went bad.

I kept getting low salt readings and would add more and then it eventually stopped working. So I took a water sample to the pool store and they tested it at 5000 ppm, so way high.

I read later that as the cells began to go out you could keep them going a while longer by increasing the salt level - but then eventually they quit working - which mine apparently did.

So depending on how old your unit is - mine was 4 years old, I think - that may be the problem.

I have been dumping water now and adding back fresh to get the salanity back down to the 3400 range.

Now I am in the process of getting a new cell for it.

Lots of luck with yours.

poolintexas said:
Hurricane Gio - I had the same problem with my Aqua Rite and I believe the issue is that my cell went bad.

I kept getting low salt readings and would add more and then it eventually stopped working. So I took a water sample to the pool store and they tested it at 5000 ppm, so way high.

I read later that as the cells began to go out you could keep them going a while longer by increasing the salt level - but then eventually they quit working - which mine apparently did.

So depending on how old your unit is - mine was 4 years old, I think - that may be the problem.

I have been dumping water now and adding back fresh to get the salanity back down to the 3400 range.

Now I am in the process of getting a new cell for it.

Lots of luck with yours.

Thanks, mine is just over a year old (pool was installed last feb). Its seems to be running now, and not shutting down or having the check system light on. I will call the builder on Monday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.