Broke ground yesterday! (Almost done!)

VOL61

May 27, 2010
Hey guys,
Well after what seemed like the longest wait ever my PB broke ground today on our 18x36 liner pool. Kids are very excited. I am to but honestly I am still wondering if I am doing the right thing here. No looking back now though. I am sure I will have a ton of questions during this process. So thanks in advance.

Re: Broke ground yesterday!

As you can see from the pictures we have a ton of work to do. Our neighbor built storage units on the lot directly behind us so needless to say we will be adding some landscaping for privacy. We have big plans (at least for us). It rained today so the hole that was dug yesterday is already filling with water. But there wasn't any rock so at least that was good.

Attachments

• 0413111311.jpg
    0413111311.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 1,311

Already running into problems..... The water you see in the top picture will not go down. We have had a ton of rain of late here in our area. But the water has actually risen to at least a couple feet deep. It has been that way since the dig. Which was over a week ago. The PB came today with a pump and got the water out but it filled back up almost as soon as it was emptied. The PB said we would need a hydrostatic valve as well as raising the level of the pool by a foot. This means I will have to have dirt brought in which will add to cost.

Is this a common problem? Will it be a future problem if there is water under the liner? Can someone explain to me how a hydrostatic valve works with a liner pool? Is it connected to a pump?

Well here are some more photos. PB worked with me on the price of the fill. Said he would pay half. Also found a pretty good deal @ $65 a tandem load. It is probably going to take about 40 loads though. Yikes.... I know. Lot of shale and dirt. As far the the water I am pleased with what he has done to handle that. He dug a well point down at the bottom of my property and filled it with gravel. Then ran pipe from under the pool (which he drilled several holes in and covered in gravel) to well point. I will have a pump there. I will also have a hydrostatic valve in the pool. But raising the pool I thinked helped the most. Should get some concrete today. So it is moving forward just little slow. My Daughter is ready for swimming now though.....

Attachments

• 0503111030.jpg
    0503111030.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 0510111321.jpg
    0510111321.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1,138

I am having a building set in on the right hand side of the pool it will be 8x12 with the 12 ft side running the same way the pool is. I plan to keep the pool equipment in there and was wondering if I should run a 60amp service to the building. I plan to run lights around the pool and have a reciever to some outdoor speakers as well coming from that power. I don't know of anything else that I would need power for other than that. Just wanted someones thoughts how much power is needed.

Thanks Mark,
It isn't much compared to some on here but it is pretty big purchase for us. I think I got lucky with the PB. He really seems like a good guy and more importantly the guys he has working for him seem that way. At least so far. They have been honest and tried to be fair with us on everything. Hopefully it will continue that way.

They got the the concrete in yesterday around the anchors and some more shale and dirt in. They have ran some plumbing today and backfilled some. It is coming along. I do still need quite a bit of dirt. Told me yesterday it should be about two more weeks.

Attachments

• 0513111250.jpg
    0513111250.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,048

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The weather has been awful. But we have been lucky. Tornados have been all around us so I really shouldn't be complaining about delays.

With that said the PB is working on the base now and said he was going to install the liner either later today or tomorrow. Building coming Monday. Still have quite a bit left but the weather looks to be letting up after Friday.

Attachments

• downsized950525111617.jpg
    downsized950525111617.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 883

PB finished up the base last night and dropped the liner. Hose has been going all night. Hopefully weather stays Ok. But calling for big storms again tonight.

Attachments

• 0526111246.jpg
    0526111246.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 826

Thanks, the deep end is 8ft. It took me about 24 hours to get it filled to the bottom step of the shallow end which is 3.5 ft. They still have to plum my waterfall stub up and get the equipment in. Then my building comes Monday so we should be able to get power either Monday or Tuesday. Then finish with backfill and the concrete guy said he hoped to be able to pour deck later next week. But rained again last night and more today. So who knows....

My work starts when they get it wraped up so I am ready to get it done. I have to build a fence then get the backyard landscaped.

We have had good weather but progress has been slow. PB really is good guy but he needs to be more involved in day to day on my job. There has been of alot of short days and wasted time. But we are making some progress. I got my building in and I finished staining it. They did get the pool running today. More dirt to move then concrete then final grade then fence then landscape then fireplace then etc, etc, etc, ......

Anyway here are some pics....

Attachments

• 20110601150920.jpg
    20110601150920.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 669

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.