Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP32 vs. StaRite system 3 Cart

Re: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP32 vs. StaRite system 3

Just-a-PB said:
The cartridges are easier to clean on the Clean and Clear, and quite a bit cheaper when time to replace them.
Second that motion... I hate cleaning the StaRite... When wet and filled with muck, the cartridges are heavy and difficult to lift/manage in/out of tight equipment pads.

Also, the StaRite claims to be "tool-less" - and it is. Depending on the size, there's either six or eight 2" nobs you turn forever to get them off, and then have to get them back on and turn forever again.

On all other filters, I whip-out my Royobi fitted with the right size deep socket, and have the band off in less than 10 seconds. I go for the easy "tool-needed" filter over those little knobs anyday.

Hmmm.... I should start charging more for servicing StaRite System 3 filters...

For what it is worth, I really like my CC320 filter. No problems at all. Easy to deal with.

Just got done servicing more StaRite S3s (serviced about 30 filters this week, ~1/4 of them were S3 Cart or DE)... Gonna re-emphasize, hate-em. Especially the cartridges. Trying to spray/clean-out the inside of the smaller cartridge - I mean, who designed these things?!?!?!?

Rant over (for now).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.