Controller for pump and Raypak NG heater

dooley

Jun 17, 2009
Hi Folks,
I have a inground 16x32 pool with a Hayward Maxi-flo 1hp pump and a Raypak 266BTU natural gas heater. I'm running the system by plugging in the pump and then turning on the heater.

I'd like to get a controller or timer so I can run the pool mostly at night and a couple of times during the day to get good circulation and keep my electric bills low. Up in Ontario we are going to peak and off-peak billing.

I have 240vac to work with in the pool house.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

You're not going to do much better than an Intermatic timer. Here's the site. The T104P201 or the T104R201 are the ones with heater control. They shut the heater down several minutes before the pump shuts off to cool the water in the heater down.

Welcome to TFP!

There are many choices. The simplest is probably an Intermatic T104P201, the classic mechanical timer with fireman switch. From there you can move up in complexity in several different directions. One interesting choice for energy savings is the TightWatt timers, which vary the pump run time based on air temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.