We have a 6year old, Jacuzzi 250L Sand Filter

Apr 14, 2011
We have a 6 year old, Jacuzzi 250L Sand Filter and water is squirting out from around the top of the filter barrel where the dial base screws onto.....it seems to be squirting out of a seam in the barrel (it is not a gasket)....is there a way to fix this? any help is greatly appreciated....

thanks

chris

webservant said:
yes,coming from a seam that should be permanently stuck together and it spews out pretty good and i dont dont how to check pressure.....is patching totally out of the question?

You should have a pressure gauge mounted on your filter.

If it's the tank the sand is in, it will need replacing. I strongly urge a new filter. Jacuzzi gear is a PITA to get parts for and is not a top brand. They have changed hands several times. They depend on the market remembering the brand name of their tubs (of which I am not a big fan).

If it's the multiport, that can be replaced.

Scott

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is there any patch for the seam? I know it might not be correct but any ideas for a quick patch?
the guage reas 1 3/4.....but I think it's froaze up...it didnt move at all when i turned the pump on....
is there a repacemnt tub that will fit my dial?

I appreciate everyones help on this!
God Bless

chris

Attachments

• pool filter leak.jpg
    pool filter leak.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 53
I would pull the multiport off and look at where the leak is coming from. It could be an o-ring leak that just shows up from under the collar.

I reiterate that the unit is a pressure vessel and you should NOT try to repair it. What you actually do, is of course, up to you.

I did remove the multiport.....and the oring looked ok as far as i could tell (but it was my first time viewing an oring).....so your saying that if the oring is faulty that it could show water leaking from under the collar like my picture shows?...in that case i should repalce it for a first attempt to fix, shouldnt I? do you know if there is a replacement barrel that i can purchase that will fit my exisiting dial? thanks again

It looked like it was coming from under part #4 but I couldn't tell from the picture.

If the vessel is split then you're probably better off getting a new filter rather than trying ot replace the vessel. I'd scour craigslist near your area for a used one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.