New liner/closing

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
We just had our pool repaired and replaced the liner and filled it with water to just below the jets.
What I'm wondering is what I need to do now before I close it.
I'm assuming chlorinate it and possibly an algecide?
It's a 100,000 liter pool. How much of these am I adding and is there anything else I should be doing to the water
Thanks

Attachments

• Pool repair Sept 07 034.jpg
    Pool repair Sept 07 034.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 55
Ideally you want to do a standard closing, which means adjusting PH, shocking, and adding an algicide. The only trick is that all three of those require some circulation. If you have a cover pump, or some other small pump that can get some circulation going you will be fine.

Deena, glad to hear your pool is good to go!! :whoot:

I would say that your pH of 7.8 is fine for the winter, you can lower it next spring when you open. I'm not disagreeing with Jason, but you can get the pH where you want it next year as you're adjusting the water for the first swim of 2008:party: . 7.8 is at the top of the 'acceptable' range, but I'd rather have the pH sit high rather than low - if there's any chance of 7.0 or lower pH water entering the pool, I'd keep it on the high side.

Sorry your pool season is over :cry: Have a great winter and we'll see you back here next spring :super:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.