pump too strong for cartridge filter

Sep 3, 2007
hi there, i suspect that the pump is running very strong so the cartridge filter does not filter well. and the fine small particles were push thru the filter back to the pool. that is why the water is very cloudy.

i have a single speed pump only.. how can i slow it down or limit the in flow.. ??

i just put in the new cartridge yesterday.. notice that the suction didn't drop at all. after a few hours clean.. most of the dirt is gone, then i clean the filter again.. and the water is still very cloudy..

it is like a bit green... and brown....

It is possible for a pump to be too strong for a filter, though usualy it is because the water has found some way to get through without going through the filter. Could you tell us more about your setup, what size pump, what model of filter, etc?

my pool is 40 m cubic.
the pump is 1 HP
filter is 5.8 Sqm cartirdge

now.. after visiting the pool shop yesterday. after one night running the pump.

this morning. the pool is clear as crystal. very blue and very very clear. very happy man now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.