Thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish

iPhone

Dec 14, 2010
Split off of this topic. Please ask questions in your own topic instead of reusing someone else's existing topic. Thanks JasonLion

I have some similar problems with our older pool. The deck is in OK shape in most places and we are thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish to give it a newer look to match the new wood deck. I have looked at some DIY type processes but am leaning toward letting a pro use Kool Deck. We have Kool Deck on our other pool and like it, but it was part of that pools construction.

My main question is that the expansion joints aren't filled anymore. The material has completely rotted or disintegrated and I have half to 3/4 inch gaps between each pour section. Anybody have a DIY answer to filling empty expansion joints? Or should I have the Kool Deck installer tackle that if we go that route?

Melt In The Sun said:
I would think the installer would take care of it.

I am sure they would, but what if I decide to go the DIY route? I am just trying to see if I can handle it and save the labor which is the biggest cost of this project. So I'm looking for DIY answers/suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.