Liner help New problems!!! Please Help!

noj70

Dec 8, 2010
Is this normal? and what can I do to work it out, or is the liner in wrong?
[attachment=0:23c6fd9o]100_0777a.jpg[/attachment:23c6fd9o]

Attachments

• 100_0777a.jpg
    100_0777a.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 205
Re: Liner help

That is a common problem, which needs fixing. As the pool fills with water some of the wrinkles will pull out, but that looks like just a little too much wrinkle to me. It looks like the floor is shifted relative the wall and needs to be adjusted before you continue filling.

Can the wrinkles be moved around the wall to a tighter area as it is filling. I have stopped filling until I can figure a way to fix this. I have about 2"-3" in there now.

What I see in the photo, and this may not be true in reality, is that a large section of floor is shifted horizontally to the left relative to where the top of the liner along the wall and the rest of the floor is. It looks to me like that whole section of the floor along the wall needs to be shifted half an inch to an inch to the right in the photo to pull the wrinkle out. That process, of shifting that section of liner could well be called shifting the wrinkles to the right.

This is easier to do with less water, but can still be done with a couple of inches of water in the pool. There are a couple of ways to approach it. If you can get a good grip you can lift and pull from the right to get a fair bit of it out. This is easiest to do with several people so there isn't too much tension in any one spot. Another approach is to "grab" the liner with a toilet plunger, press down and then pull up and sideways at the same time.

Okay after playing with it for a bit we turned the vacuum on and this happened!!! I am starting to pull my hair out because I don't think these will go away with just filling the pool. Please Help one frustrated pool owner!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 147
  • image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 147
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 147
I usually hang the liner, tape off all return holes and skimmer with duct tape, cut slit into tape for return(DO NOT CUT ANY HOLES IN THE LINER YET) and slide a shopvac hose in there between wall & liner, and turn it on and leave it on until there's about 2-4" of water in there. While it's starting to fill, you can kick the floor of the liner to the walls and the shopvac will suck out any wrinkles.

Thanks Jason. I am pumping the water out now and noticed my seams don't line up to the corresponding post on the opposite side. I hope the water gets low enough today for me to pull the liner over to where it needs to be. Hope to have an update tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.