how in the world does this vacume thingy work.

G

ok, never, EVER, have i had this much trouble with anything related to the pool.

i get the hose, connect the one that said vac head to the vac head, and then i connect the hose to somthing that sucks, i have tried both the skimmer, and i block the other one with a ball, that didn's work it just sat there and did nothing, i attach it to the little thing in the side of the pool that if your not carful will rip the skin off your hand, and nothing happens with the vacume, even though i blocked both skimmers, ok im at a loss here on what to do. can you give me steps on how to vacume and get it working so i can do it insted of calling the pool guy my wife thinks is hansom. btw, with all the things im trying to fund like my new pumps and filter and a new spa and getting it re bonded and grounded becase the old one was rusted through, plus trying to still sell my old house, a robotic cleaner is just not in the budget right now.

no i just throw my suit on jump in the pool with the hose and vac, and plug it in whats the easiest way to fill it. , i washed the hose out with a garden hose and water came out of the other end so i guess its free.

The easiest way to fill it is hold it tightly in front of a return till water comes out the other end, then take your palm and hold it over the vac end of the hose (to keep the water in), then quickly shove the skimmer end of hose into the hole in the bottom of skimmer. Then attach the vacuum and your off. Then come do my pool :lol:.

Make sure the hose is completely full of water (primed) before you plug it in.

am i requred to get in the pool or can i vacume with the poll thing, i have not tried it with the poll yet only used it for the leaf net. anyway, should i use the skimmer or the port on the side of the pool that sucks so much it rips your thumb right out of your hand. thanks, as you can see im still a newbie when it comes to pools.

Definitely use the pole. If the hose fits that vaccum port on the wall and it is stronger than the skimmer suction, use that.

Just for clarification, we are talking about manual vacuuming right. i.e. the vac head is probably a clear (blue) triangle with nylon bristles around the bottom edge.

While keeping it submerged and hooked up to the port on the side of the pool, can you turn the head over and see if the vaccuum is sucking? I guess you don't have to connect the pole, but that's how it normally would operate. You vaccumm like you would your carpet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
tagprod said:
While keeping it submerged and hooked up to the port on the side of the pool, can you turn the head over and see if the vaccuum is sucking? I guess you don't have to connect the pole, but that's how it normally would operate. You vaccumm like you would your carpet.

thanks for the help everybody, and also thanks for letting me know i dont have to learn how to hold my breath 9ft under to vacume. thats what i was doing, i would put on a mask and head down with the thing in my hand and find it didn't work :roll:

The one I was asking about earlier is a vinyl one. The clear blue triangle.

A2110_05.jpg

RT, the rollers may mar your bottom, if it's vermiculite, the sharp edges can tear your liner, especially if one of the wheels fall off, which happens fairly often on those. I would say that it'd be fine to use if you aren't too aggressive and keep an eye on the wheels.

ok let me make sure i have the steps right, i thought this was the easiest thing and its the hardest.

1. block all suction ports except for the side vac.
2. attach vac hose to head
3. attach vac heat to poll (this is great)
4. fill pipe with water, using return
5. carfully attach it to the vac port
6. begin vacuming carefully and watch wheels.

is that good or do you guys think i could do somting different or better.

Just a quick suggestion as well. Do you have a valve that you could turn to increase suction to one of the skimmers? Then use the back hole on the skimmer to hook the end of the hose.

As Dave stated earlier, make sure you have that hose completely filled with water. Here are the steps I used when I was a kid cleaning our pool.

Hook the vac end of the hose to the vac

Hook the pole to the vac head

put the vac head down into the water

turn the valve to increase suction to the skimmer you will be hooking hose to.

take the hose and hold the skimmer end under water just in front of the skimmer door facing straight up and let the hose fill with water.

then keeping it in the water, feed it through the skimmer opening and into the back hole on the skimmer.

start vacuming!

Helpfull hint...dont lift the vac head out of the water for too long or you will loose prime and suction. You can do it quick enough to get it into your spa, but move fast!

That is my 2 cents...hope it helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.